Network Awards - The Faith Award
The Faith Award is about encouraging young people to develop an understanding of their own or another faith community. It is designed to bring a Group together to promote a greater understanding of the life, history, or practices of a faith community in your local community area.
The aims of the Faith Award are to:
- develop a greater understanding of a faith community
- promote activities between the Sections
- support the faiths and beliefs dimension in the Balanced Programme
- ensure there is a positive influence on everyone taking part
- have a long-term benefit in encouraging greater understanding or awareness of a local faith community.
Examples of projects might include:
- developing links with a Scout Group of a faith community different to your own, e.g. Muslim or Sikh
- working with an agency of your own faith community.